Some of the Churches in Northampton
- Broadman Baptist Church 350 E Bath Rd
- Cathedral of Tomorrow now Grace Cathedral 2700 State Rd
- Church of the Nazarene 330 E Bath Rd
- First Assemby of God 315 Graham Rd
- Northampton Baptist Church 333 W Steels Corners Rd
- Northampton Bible Church 333 W Steels Corners Rd
- Northampton United Methodist Church 852 W Bath Rd
- Northminster Presbyterian Church 104 W Portage Trail (west of State Rd)
- Steels Corners Christian Church 3996 State Rd
Rex Humbard's Cathedral of Tomorrow (built in 1957) which is now Earnest Angley's Grace Cathdral 2700 State Rd
Northampton Baptist Church now Northampton Bible Church
A group of believers meeting in the Northampton Town Hall organized into a Baptist Church in the Fall of 1956 under the leadership of Pastor Franklin A. Lorenz. In 1959 the average attendance on Sunday morning was from 70 to 80, but had gone over the 100 mark on special occasions. In the Fall of 1959, ground-breaking was held on the church property on W. Steels Corners Road.
On Easter Sunday, 1960, the first worship service was held in the new church building proclaiming the Good News of redemption through Jesus Christ.
In 1965, the auditorium was enlarged, the present Fellowship Hall and kitchen, and additional Sunday School rooms were built.
In 1973, a main sanctuary was constructed. An East wing was added to the structure in 1997 completing the facility that we are enjoying today. The church has grown from relatively few people to more than 300 active members.
Northampton United Methodist Church 852 W Bath Rd began in local houses, and their first buliding was erected by the architech John C Johnston in 1856, He built many of the local one room schoolhouses and the Town Hall as well as Mr Chart's house on Chart Rd. The tornado of July 19th 1992, destroyed the structure and the new church went up promptly afterward in 1993.
"The history of Methodism within the bounds of the Erie Annual Conference of the Methodist Episcopal Church", Volume 1pg98 & 99 By Samuel Gregg"
Steels Corners Christian Church 3996 State Rd began as a Sunday School in 1898 in a nearby schoolhouse. Their buliding was built in 1900 and remodeled in 1960.